Wednesday, July 6, 2011

PEA PICKING

When was the last time you picked peas?  God did an incredible job designing his vines and pods.  I will get down an entire row and look back and see pods hanging in mid air like I had never been there.  Poof pods appear out of nowhere!  So I do it again, peruse the row.  Then head to the north side of the row and wouldn't you know it -- I hear crunch, crunch of teeth.  Amber Jo (our chocolate lab) wandered into the row and found peas at her height!

Plus it's hard to resist the temptation to crunch on them myself.  The ones we call 'seconds' end up in the mouth not in the bucket of ice cold water sitting at my feet.

Grubby Ellie helping harvest peas in 2010! 

I tend to let my thoughts wander aimlessly while pickin'.  Thinking how thankful I am for the opportunity to be out in the pea row, in the early hours of the day, listening to the birds sing, the bees buzz, and feel the dampness of the day burn off in the rising sun and the gentle breeze.  No matter the knats are biting or a I just saw a boat being trailered to the river!  Life is Good!  Have an awesome day and have some fun harvesting peas!

No comments: