Monday, May 31, 2010

LESTER HAS A GIRLFRIEND


Soooo I am busy in the the umpteenth tomato row today when Michael decided he needed something from the house.   Within minutes he is walking toward me in the row with a weird look on his face and proceeds to tell me that Lester is by the back door of the house.  "Ahh what do you mean, by the back door."  "He's hiding behind the shelving unit under the deck."  Well that is way too close to where I sleep at night for my comfort level.  I don't care if I sleep on the second floor, the fact that Lester was invading the perimeter of the house was too much for me.

Michael went to get his gloves and I went to grab the camera.  As soon as I saw him hiding behind the shelving unit under the back steps, I knew it wasn't Lester.  Way too small for Lester, had to be a girlfriend and she wasn't happy!




Her tail was just a rattling and when Michael reached into pick her up she went for him.  Of course that pushed her out of her hiding place and I couldn't back up fast enough to get out of her way.  I'm glad my husband is fast, cuz he had her by the tail before she got to me.  Whew!!!  Erma.


We made an executive decision to take her far, far away.


A final glimpse of Erma before Michael takes her across the river.



Now I don't know if Erma is really a girl, or if Lester is really a boy and I am probably never going to know.  But I sure hope that is the last of the snake sitings for the summer. 

2 comments:

Tona said...

Mom you should probably wait to post all this snake business until AFTER you get the crop in and don't need anymore help for a bit!!

SOL 'N TYNE said...

Hmmmmmm, yep you're probably right.