Friday, May 28, 2010

MORNING HELPER - LESTER

Do you remember a couple of posts ago regarding the garden helper?  The one that is beneficial but not well liked?

Yep, he was back and yep he had the element of surprise, especially because he wasn't where I saw him last.  His last sighting was about 200 feet from where I bumped into him this morning, or I'm sure he was thinking - where I disrupted his morning sun.  Because it was obvious from the rattling noise he made he wasn't happy about the close proximity he and I had.  I couldn't quite figure out why the robins where making such a racket in the corn crib. Well hindsight would seem to indicate it's because Lester was about.


Meet Lester - first impressions are lasting.




After the initial adrenal wore off I was able to get to know Lester better through the camera.  At least I felt safer behind the lens.


He eventually worked his way down the corncrib to the north and headed to the inside again.  These are the last shots of him slithering over some cable inside the crib. 



To all of you snake lovers, I honestly do not know where he went.  Sooooo when you're walking through the corn crib over the weekend, do like I've done all day - step carefully and remember to look all around, up and down. Cuz Lester wasn't on the ground when I met him - he was eye to eye.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, please tell me that is not a rattler. Cause if it is, I'm staying in Hudson! Has Amber Jo met Lester?

SOL 'N TYNE said...

Tona just determined it is a Fox Snake. He's harmless. Amber Jo didn't see him. I am going to have to rename him because Rach and Amy are getting a new puppy - Lester.